Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for my big move?
- Purge - Throw out or donate old items.
- Hire Professional movers - Get at least 3 quotes and references.
- Prepare for packing - Start saving packing material months in advance.
- Make a master list of moving tasks - A list will help you organize your thoughts, and should be made room by room.
- Plan new rooms as you pack the old - Use a copy of your new floorplan to label each box as you are packing.
- Notify friends, businesses, & utility providers - Keep friends, family and service providers up to date with your new address.
What is a HERS Score?
Home Energy Rating System- HERS is a system to measure the energy efficiency of a home. The lower a home's HERS score, the more energy efficient it is. Each point decrease in the HERS score is a 1% reduction in energy consumption.
Why R-Value is important?
R- Value is important because it measures the resistance the material has to heat flow. The greater the R-Value the more efficient the home is.
What is Radiant Barrier?
Radiant barrier is the shiny coating on the underside of the roof decking that reduces heat gain.
What is a Low-E window?
Low-E windows are made with coated glass that reduces heat gain, which makes your home more comfortable and affordable to cool.
What does HVAC mean?
Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning.
What does SEER mean?
SEER is the measure of the efficiency of the air conditioning system. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the air conditioning system is. Each new Riverside home has a 15 SEER HVAC system.